Sunday, March 11, 2007

confessions of pain

Confessions of Pain - (Wai Keung Lau & Siu Fai Mak, 2006) - 7.5/10

I caught the HK film Confessions of Pain a few days ago. Starring Tony Leung (Infernal Affairs) and Takashi Kaneshiro (House of Flying Daggers), and the same crew that made the Infernal Affairs trilogy. The film functions as a murder mystery/thriller. The finding and analyzing of clues and suspects carries sort of the same style as the TV show CSI (from the few glimpses I've seen).
We are revealed who the murderer is early which could've worked better for the ending, the same time the characters know this too.
There are enough intricate details of the story that manages to sustain the audience till the end, even if they already know the killer.

**I'll post an image if I can find one, which I can't.

No comments: